As an educator, you can embed and seamlessly share video content with your students on the Aula platform.
To attach a video
- Click on the + in the Editor
- Select Panopto
- It will open a view inside Panopto where you can:
- Choose one of your available videos
- Upload a video
- Record a new video
- Select the video you want to attach and click Insert. This is an important step, if the video is not inserted, your students will see this error message
- The video will then be embedded in your post
- Click Post!
- There are limits to using Panopto for free. Check with your institution whether they have a licence.
- When using Panopto within a space, it will automatically create a folder in Panopto for that space, that only participants in that space can access. Educators are considered creators in Panopto. Students are considered viewers.
- You can embed any video in any space. Permissions are managed in Panopto. If you'd like to prevent educators from posting the same video in multiple spaces (giving access to the participants in both spaces to that video), then someone with admin rights in Panopto needs to configure the LTI integration and check the "Suppress access permission sync on LTI link' checkbox.
Need help? Panopto is a third-party tool (meaning it doesn’t belong to Aula). Get in touch with Aula if you’re having issues adding the Panopto link to your space. Otherwise, get in touch with Panopto’s support team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or your institution’s IT team.