As an educator, you can use the BigBlueButton video conferencing tool for synchronous communication, providing real-time sharing of audio, video, slides, chat, and screen. You can also split students into smaller breakout groups.
Each space in Aula has its own BigBlueButton room, which everyone who is enrolled on the space can access. This article will show you how to use this tool and record a session with it.
You can access BigBlueButton by adding a link to a BigBlueButton video call to your Materials or Feed. You need to:
- Click on the + icon which appears
- Hover over Integrations
- Select Big Blue Button from the dropdown
Record A BigBlueButton Session
When you click on the BBB integration from Aula, you'll first be taken to this page where you can edit the room settings.
Please ensure the bottom box Sessions in this room may be recorded is checked, and, from there, you'll see the Start Recording option at the top of your BBB screen.
- There are limits to using BigBlueButton for free. Check with your institution whether they have an account and a license.
- When in a meeting, you cannot copy and paste the link to add people to that meeting. That link is just for you. For other people to get into the meeting, they need to join via the shared BBB link for that space.
- If you're using Safari, make sure you accept the pop-up.
BigBlueButton is a third-party tool (meaning it doesn’t belong to Aula). Get in touch with Aula if you’re having issues adding the BigBlueButton link to your space. Otherwise, get in touch with BigBlueButton’s joining their Community Forum here or your institution’s IT team.