You can use the Microsoft OneDrive integration to seamlessly access and add content on the community feed posts, the materials pages, or DMs in Aula.
How to Access and Add Content from OneDrive
- In any text editor in Aula, you'll see a + icon when your cursor is active in the text field.
- Click on the + icon to view the options. Hover over File, and then select OneDrive or OneDrive for Business.
- When you choose this option for the first time, you will be asked to grant Aula permission to interact with files in your OneDrive. Aula is GDPR compliant and we need to ask for your explicit consent.
- Once authorised and enabled, you will be able to use the OneDrive file picker from within Aula.
To enable collaborative teaching and learning workflows, Microsoft requires Aula to ask for read-write permissions. You'll see a boilerplate message that Aula has access to create, read, edit, and delete files. This is because the read-write permission scope that Microsoft offers doesn't allow Aula to specify more fine-grained permissions.
Aula will never create, edit, update, or delete a file. That's against Aula policies and also against Microsoft end-user agreements. However, we do make it possible for you to interact with your own files and files that have been shared with you, which is why the message is there.
- You can revoke access at any time via your Microsoft account at https://account.microsoft.com > "Privacy" > "Apps and services" > "Apps and services that can access your data" > Aula > "Remove these permissions".
Need help? OneDrive is a third-party tool (meaning it doesn’t belong to Aula). Get in touch with Aula if you’re having issues adding the OneDrive link to your space. Otherwise, get in touch with OneDrive's support team here or contact your institution’s IT team.