This article details how to divide the marking of an assignment between multiple educators by creating group filters.
Create a New Group Set
As a first step, you'll need to create a new group set for marking which will divide students between each of the space educators who are assessing submissions.
- In your space, click on the People icon.
- Select the Groups tab.
- Click on the New set of groups button in the top right.
- Enter a name to the set of groups (Eg. the name of the assignment you want to mark) and select Hide set to ensure students don't see they're assigned to a marking group.
- Confirm with Save.
Add Students to a Group Set
The next step is to add students to your new group set. This can be achieved in three ways (follow this link for detailed instructions on each option):
- Creating groups manually,
- Auto-generating groups,
- Creating groups using a CSV file.
Once your groups are created, you can click on the pencil icon next to each group within the group set to give them the name of the relevant Educator.
Access Your Allocated Group
Once the groups are all set up, here's how you can find your allocated group and start grading:
- Head to Journey > Assignments.
- Select the assignment you want to mark and open the submissions page.
- Click on the Filter by group dropdown menu at the top of the list.
- Select your allocated group from the list to filter submissions.
- You will only see the assignments for students within your group. Click on a submission to open and grade it.
Allocation of markers is not available natively in Turnitin. You can use Aula's feature to allocate markers for all types of assignments, including Handin, Turnitin, and Quizzes.