Padlet is an online virtual bulletin board and interactive whiteboard where students and educators can collaborate, reflect and share links and pictures, in a secure location.
Use Padlet to increase engagement and discussion between your students. In one space your students can share their opinions, work in progress or resources - all without leaving Aula!
Creating an account
Head to Padlet and create an account. Once you're all set up, you can start getting creative with your own boards! After creating your Padlet, simply copy + paste the Padlet share link into Aula. Have a look at the video below if you need further help with creating your own personalised Padlet.
Examples of Best Practice:
Padlet can be used in lots of different ways. Educators could encourage students to brainstorm on a certain topic or students could use a Padlet between themselves as part of a group project. Your Padlet can also be branded to make it look and feel institution-specific, you can do this by customising your backgrounds to keep it consistent with the rest of your materials. A few ideas to get you started:
- Use it to get a snapshot of how your class is progressing with a project
- Assess whether your class has understood content by getting them to apply and share their learning
- Get students to share the most up to date resources and news
- Create a board where staff can share ideas on great teaching strategies
Some of our favourite examples are below:
- An educator asking students to post their first animation tests.
- An educator asking students to introduce themselves at the start of a semester by dropping a pin on their home town, with a description or photo.
- A group research task
- The 'vanilla' version will always be free. You also have the option to upgrade your account, more information about costings for this can be found here.
- To share a Padlet, open the Padlet you wish to share, on the right sidebar click share - add members. You can also post the link on your Community feed for student awareness
- Padlet works on mobile, when you click on Padlet via Aula on your mobile device you will automatically be redirected to the mobile-friendly website. Even better, download Padlet for Android. If you're using an iPhone or iPad, Download Padlet for iOS.
- You can change the privacy in settings or follow the steps below to add a password:
- Go to the Share menu of your Padlet
- Choose the People/Privacy tab
- Choose Password-protected, and in the dropdown, choose if users with the password Can Read, Can Write, or any of the other permissions.
- Set the password
PS: The Padlet will only embed into Aula if the privacy is set to "public" or "secret". If the setting is "members-only", "private" or "password", the Padlets won't embed. You can, however, share the link to the Padlet in materials or posts which students can access in a new tab/window by signing into the Padlet account.
The Padlet support centre also has plenty of resources to help you get started. Take a tour of the app, view more example Padlets in the gallery, watch tutorials on their YouTube channel. If you need help with the technical aspects of Padlet, you can also reach out to their support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.