As an educator, you can embed and seamlessly share Planet eStream video content with your students on the Aula platform.
To attach content
- Click on the '+' within the editor, and select Planet eStream from the dropdown
- You may be required to log into Planet eStream. Once authenticated, the content block will look like this:
- From this interface, you can search for media to embed into Aula using keywords and the filters if necessary to find the right content.
- Once you’ve found the content you’d like to embed in Aula, click on its title to bring up a preview. With the preview visible in the content block, this specific content is what others will see when they access the page or post after you save or publish.
- Hit Publish
- There are limits to using Planet eStream for free. Check with your institution whether they have a licence.
- When viewing an embedded video using the Aula mobile app, the video will open in a new browser window, this is by design using the LTI (learning tools interoperability) integration with Planet eStream. On desktop, you will be able to view the embedded video directly.
- Limitation: If videos from Planet eStream have been migrated from another module, a limitation causes some users to be unable to access them. In that case, you will need to delete and re-add the videos. As a best practice, we would recommend deleting and re-adding Planet eStream videos before starting a new module.
Need help? Planet eStream is a third-party tool (meaning it doesn’t belong to Aula). Get in touch with Aula if you’re having issues adding the Planet eStream link to your space. Otherwise, get in touch with Planet eStream’s support team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or your institution’s IT team.