This article details how to grade students' coursework when a rubric is attached to the assignment.
Grade Assignment Using Rubrics
Once a rubric is correctly attached to an assignment, follow these steps on how to use the rubric to evaluate students' submissions:
- Open the relevant Turnitin assignment.
- Locate the submission you'd like to grade and click on the pencil symbol in the Grade column, next to the name of the assignment.
- Click on the Rubric symbol in the Feedback Studio window to start grading.
- Use a slider to apply a relevant mark in each criterion.
- Click Apply to Grade when you're ready.
- The rubric marking will be automatically applied to the total percentage grade visible at the top of the screen.
- Aula Support is unable to manually change grades once they are allocated to an assignment.
- Once you attach a rubric to an assignment and a student makes a submission, you cannot make further modifications to it. The only option here will be to duplicate the rubric, edit it, and attach it again.
- The Turnitin panel provides you with creating a rubric and duplicating an existing rubric as an option within the console.