The Student Success App (SSA) displays grades for all students in a space. If enabled on your institution's Aula account, you may be able to use it to export grades directly to your institution's Student Record System.
The SSA can also be accessed by students and provides them with an easy overview of their assignments, submissions, and grades.
Some of the features mentioned in this article might not be available on your institution’s Aula account. To find out more, please contact your University directly.
Navigate to the Student Success App
Make sure you have at least one assignment set up in your Aula space. Then, follow these steps:
- Head to Journey > Assignments.
- Click on Student Success App on the right-hand side.
- The Student Success App will open on a new tab.
Overview of the Student Success App
The Student Success App is split into two main sections where all grades are collected either by assignments or students.
Wherever you are in the Student Success App, you can always switch spaces:
- Click on the title of the space at the top.
- Select another space from the drop-down menu.
Choose the Assignments tab in the sidebar to your left, in order to see:
- All the Assignments that were created on your space using Handin, Turnitin, and Quizzes.
- The grade type of the assignments, and whether or not the grades were released to students.
- The Assessment items section at the top. Here you'll be able to see the official assessment components required for the space by your institution.
This video explains the difference between Assessment items and Assignments:
If you click on an individual assignment, you will be able to see:
- The assignment type (Handin, Turnitin, Quizzes).
- The grade type and the grades release status.
- The list of students.
- The status of students' submissions and their grades as they become available.
Choose the Students tab in the sidebar to your left. Here you will see a full list of students in a selected space.
Click on the name of an individual student to open a detailed view of their account. Here, you'll be able to see all grades of the student, including:
- Assessment items (in the upper section, if enabled on your university's Aula account),
- Individual Assignments (in the bottom section).
Click on the arrow to the right of the assignment to view the student's submission.