Some of the features mentioned in this article might not be available on your institution’s Aula account. To find out more, please contact your university directly.
It's possible to import grades collected in a CSV file directly into our native Student Success App (SSA). There are various reasons you might want to do this, such as:
- To assemble grades spread across multiple assignments,
- To add grades from activities conducted using tools not integrated with Aula,
- To add grades from offline activities such as in-person exams or class presentations.
Create a Manual Assignment
- Open a relevant module in Aula and click through to Journey > Assignments > Student Success App.
- Click on the green + plus button in the top right corner of the Assignments box.
- Enter a title, which will be visible to students.
- Choose a grade type. Note: If you intend to map more than one assignment to a manual Assessment item with weighing, you must choose Percentage as grade type.
- Press Create assignment to confirm.
Create a CSV File
- The 2 columns required for the import to function are student email and grade.
- You can import a file containing only these 2 columns (see Example CSV - Grade Import at the bottom of the article), or simply select the relevant columns when uploading your file.
Combining grades from several HI / TII assignments
- In your module, head to Journey > Assignments and locate the relevant assignments.
- For each one, click on the ⋮ three dots symbol in the top right and select Export grades.
- Open the exported CSV files in Excel / Google Sheets or a similar spreadsheet software.
- Combine the data as desired while making sure you keep a full list of student emails and relevant grades.
- Export the resulting file in a CSV format.
- In Excel: File > Save As > Save as type > .csv
- In Google Sheets: File > Download > .csv
- In the SSA, click on the manual assignment that you'd like to import your grades to.
- Here, you can enter grades manually if desired.
- To import grades using a CSV file, click on the green Upload Grades button.
- Select a CSV file from your computer, or drag and drop it onto the upload window. Confirm with Next.
- Make sure that the email and grade fields are mapped to the correct columns from your spreadsheet. Confirm with Apply grades.
- If required, click on Release grades in the top right corner to release grades to Students.
If your institution supports exporting grades to their internal Student Record System, you can map this manual assignment to an Assessment item and export grades to SRS.