Regardless of where in the Aula platform you're composing your message, you will see the exact same multifunctional editor. It can be a Direct Message, a post in the Community Feed, or a Handin assignment – it all starts with a familiar blank page with a plus button to the left. In this article we will explore the formatting capabilities of the Aula editor.
- The mobile app supports simple text blocks for writing posts and messages.
- The Aula Editor is, unfortunately, unavailable on the mobile app.
The formatting toolbar
Most formatting options can be found in the formatting toolbar which is hidden by default. To reveal it, you'll need to select text using your mouse or a keyboard shortcut (i.e. cmd/ctrl + arrows). Once you hover over a formatting option, you will see its name and its corresponding keyboard shortcut if available.
In the Aula editor, you will have the options to create text with:
- H1 Large heading
- H2 Medium heading
- H3 Small heading
- paragraph text
- bullet lists
- ordered/numbered lists
- font color
- inline code
- code blocks
Keyboard power users might benefit from keyboard shortcuts standard to their Operating System.
|Bold||cmd/ctrl + b|
|Italics||cmd/ctrl + i|
|Underline||cmd/ctrl + u|
|Strikethrough||cmd/ctrl + shift + x|
|Inline code||cmd/ctrl + e|
|Hyperlink||Select text and then press cmd/ctrl + k|
Add Emojis 🙆🏽♀️
To add inline emoji in Aula, you'll need to use your Operating System's native emoji picker. Head over to Emoji in Aula for detailed instructions.
If you click on the plus button to the left, you'll see a drop-down which will allow you to add:
- Voice recordings
- Rather than type your message, truly personalise it by sending a quick voice note.
- After recording, you'll have the option to add a title to your voice note.
- Upload files from your local drive or from cloud services (Google Drive & OneDrive).
- individual files must be under 1GB.
- Code blocks
- Code blocks can also be triggered by typing in ``` and following it by a space.
- Compose in LaTeX (especially useful for equations)
- Code blocks
- Available integrations will depend on the third party services used by your University.
- Add a direct link to an assignment for better visibility and easier access (for Educators only).
- Select from the available templates to make it more quick and efficient to post regular posts (for Educators only).