With Handin, it is quick and easy to make a group assignment. If you haven't done so already, we would recommend taking a look at the following articles for details on creating groups, and creating assignments in Handin to have the full context on how to create group assignments in Handin:
Create a group assignment
- First, head to Space Settings and create your group sets. Our Create Groups article can help you with these steps
- Once your groupset is ready, you can jump back into your space and go to Journey > Assignments
- Here, you can create an assignment with Handin by following the steps outlined in Create and Edit Handin Assignments
- On the step after the Assignment Description, you will see the option to tick "This is a group assignment"
- When you have checked this option, choose the group set you have created from the dropdown
- Click Create
Note: In a group assignment on Handin, only one student will submit an assignment on behalf of the entire group. Upon submission, they will see the following:
During the grading and feedback process, educators will have the option to grade and provide feedback to the entire group collectively or to each student individually.
Deleting a Handin submission
Educators are now able to delete a Handin submission. With the dynamic nature of digital learning communities, educators sometimes need to make changes to existing groups. Aula previously had a limitation that automatically locked a group set when it was applied to an active group assignment that had received at least one submission. If you need to make changes to a group set that has already received an assignment, you can now delete the assignment to unlock the group set, make the necessary changes to groups and ask the students to resubmit.
- To delete an assignment, head over to Journey, then click on Assignments and select the assignment in question
- Under submissions, locate the assignment you'd like to delete
- Expand on the submissions menu by clicking on it and click on 'Delete submission'
- You will be asked for confirmation on a pop-up. Click on 'Delete submission' again