This article will guide you on how to enable your students to make a resubmission on Turnitin.
How To Allow Students to Resubmit
When creating an assignment, you can enable the option to allow for resubmission with these steps:
- In Journey > Assignments, create your Turnitin Assignment.
- In the Turnitin popup, open Optional Settings.
- Under Similarity reports, click on the Generate Similarity Reports for student submission dropdown.
- Here, select one of the following options:
- Generate reports immediately (students can resubmit until due date) After 3 resubmissions, reports generate after 24 hours
- Generate reports on due date (students can resubmit until due date)
- If you do not wish to enable the resubmission option for everyone, but a student has uploaded an incorrect file or needs to resubmit for any reason, you can delete their submission. As long as the assignment is still open, this will allow them to upload a new file.
- The students cannot make a resubmission after the due date.
- Selecting either of these resubmit options will allow students to resubmit. The only difference is whether students will be able to see their similarity report as soon as they've submitted, or whether they will have to wait until the assignment closes.
- Once the resubmission has been made, the time stamp with the date & time is updated to when the new file has been resubmitted.