Export All Materials
To export all Materials from a specific Aula space follow the steps below.
- In the space that you'd like to export Materials from, head to Journey > Materials.
- Click on the 3 dots symbol ⋮ at the top of the Materials sidebar and choose to Export material.
- Select a relevant location to download a .json file to your computer.
Import All Materials
Once you've exported your Materials from your space, or if you have a .json file exported from a different platform, you can import it to a relevant space in Aula.
- In the space that you'd like to import Materials to, head to Journey > Materials.
- Click on the 3 dots symbol ⋮ at the top of the Materials sidebar and choose to Import material.
- Select a relevant .json file from your computer.
- An entire Section cannot be exported from a space page.
- You may need to re-create assignment links, LTI blocks, and files on the new space as they do not transfer between spaces and are unique to specific spaces.
- Assignments, feed posts, group messages and DMs will not be transferred.
- All newly imported content will be added below any existing Material.
- Importing material will add to the existing content instead of replacing it.
Note on Importing a Discussion
- Whenever a user imports a JSON file on materials, and the JSON file was created from a material page(s) that had a discussion topic, then the discussion topic will also be imported.
- The comments on the discussion will not be exported or imported, but only the topic.
- Any pre-existing JSON file that was created from a page that had a discussion topic, will also import the discussion topic, as the exporter had already included the topic, it just wasn't being imported.
- If you import content to an existing page, the discussion title does not import, but only the text is appended to the existing page. However, If you import as a new page/all materials, you see the page with its title and discussion topic which is imported.