The discussion feature in Materials brings an additional element of engagement for students and educators. This enables educators to drive topic-specific conversation and allows students to fully engage in the space content they are reading in the Materials section of the Journey.
This article will show you how to add and leave a discussion, how their notifications work, and how they work on mobile.
- Add a Discussion
- Leave Comments And Replies
- Discussion Notifications
- Discussions On Mobile
- Set Up A Journal Article Discussion
Add A Discussion
To add a discussion to a page in your Materials:
- Navigate to Journey > Materials.
- Create a new page or edit an existing page.
- Scroll to the bottom of this page.
- Click +Add discussion.
- Write a Prompt.
- Save the change to your page.
Leave Comments And Replies
To leave a comment or a reply in a discussion:
- Click on the Reply to comment arrow next to the name of the post's author.
- Type your comment/ reply in the text box that will appear.
- Click on the purple Comment button in your text box.
Both students and educators are able to leave comments, and reply to comments.
The text editor in discussions is the same native Aula editor you will see throughout the Aula platform which means you can include the following in a discussion comment/reply:
- Links that unfurl,
- Files (from your computer or online drives)
- Voice notes,
- Code blocks,
- Assignment Blocks.
You can see more on this in Aula Editor: Format Your Text
You will receive notification for replies to comments in discussion. If there are replies to a comment you added in a discussion, you will be notified.
However you will not receive notifications for other comments in a discussion.
Discussions On Mobile
Users can participate in discussions from a mobile device, just like they would from desktop.
However, currently, it isn't possible to edit Materials from our mobile app. For Educators who would like to add a discussion from their mobile device, we'd recommend requesting a desktop version of Aula.