This article shows how to use Engagement Analytics, which allow Educators to view Student engagement within an Aula space, to help them make informed decisions when teaching.
As an Educator, the information included in the Engagement section can help you understand:
- If your students are viewing and using the space so that you can adjust them to improve participation and learning.
- If there are specific students that might need some additional support to drive better outcomes.
Accessing Engagement Analytics
- In Aula, open the space that you'd like to see the data for.
- Tap through to Journey > Engagement.
- Choose one of the available tabs: Space or Individual students.
The Space tab shows an overview of the whole space on Aula. It's best used to get an idea of general student sentiment and engagement.
Percentage of students that visited the space.
|Avg. Days Active
Average number of days students visited the space.
|Students Active by Week
Weekly trend of the percentage of students that visited the space.
|Student Engagement by Week
Weekly trend of the number of student:
Number of viewers and last view date of each study material.
High-level summary of each student's activity in the space, including:
The Individual Students tab allows filtering by a specific student. This tab could be helpful in checking if a particular student might need some additional support.
Select a Student
List of every student in the space. Click on a name to view that student's activity.
For large spaces, this list can be shortened with the Name filter.
Date when the student last visited the space.
Number of posts, comments and reactions made in the feed.
Number of times the student viewed any study materials.
|Daily Feed Engagements
Daily trend view of Feed Engagements.
|Daily Material Views
Daily trend of Material Views.
Number of views and last view date of each study material.
Submission status and grade of each assignment.
- The Engagement section is only visible to Educators as well as approved members with View-only staff access.
- You can find definitions of how the data is calculated by hovering over the information icon in each segment of the Engagement analytics.
- The numbers may appear low if in the middle of a current week, and if the week is not yet complete.
- If you require engagement data currently not available within Aula, please add your feedback on our Product Portal here for our Product team's consideration
- Aula Support is unable to determine if students have attempted submissions.