This article will guide you on how to submit your assignment on Turnitin. Turnitin is an external tool which Aula seamlessly integrates with. In this article, we will cover all aspects of submitting assignments using Turnitin.
Submit An Assignment
- Click on Journey > Assignments.
- In this tab, you will see all assignments on your module ordered by their due date. Icons to the left of each assignment will help you determine if an assignment is set up in Turnitin.
- Click on a Turnitin assignment to upload your paper.
- Click on Upload Submission > Choose file and select a file from your computer. File size should not exceed 100MB.
- Type in the title for your submission and click on Upload and Review.
- Under the Review tab, you will see the summary of your submission with its Title, File size, and Word Count, as well as an option to preview your file.
- Confirm with Submit to Turnitin when you're ready.
- Your file will now appear in the Assignment Dashboard.
If you encounter any trouble or issues when submitting your assignment, please take a screenshot of your issue and contact your educator. Aula Support is unable to identify if you attempted a submission or not.
Some options may appear differently depending on the assignment settings. For additional support, visit Turnitin's Help Centre here.
- You are unable to submit an assignment when using the mobile app.
- Submissions made directly to Turnitin will not sync on Aula. Please ensure submissions are made via Aula and not directly with Turnitin.
- Turnitin allows only one file to be uploaded at a time.
- Turnitin limits file size to 100MB.
- Possible workarounds for submitting larger files or multiple files include:
- Reducing file size (see here for more info).
- Compressing or zipping files using Zip if Similarity reports are disabled. Please check with your instructor.
- Saving the file to a cloud service (Google Drive, One Drive, Dropbox, etc.) and then sharing the link in the document you will upload. (Check this with your instructor first!)
Confirm Your Submission Was Successful
- Head to Journey > Assignments, and locate the relevant Turnitin assignment. It will now have a "Submitted" label on it.
- Click on the assignment to go to the Assignment Dashboard where you'll be able to see:
- your submitted paper,
- date and time of upload,
- grade (if released),
- Similarity report (if enabled),
- Resubmit Paper button (if enabled),
- Download paper button,
- and Download digital receipt option.
- Click on Download digital receipt to save a confirmation of a successful submission.