This article will guide you on how to check for accidental plagiarism for your Turnitin submission.
- How To Check If Similarity Reports Are Enabled On Your Assignment?
- Message Vs Meaning For Similarity Reports
- How To Check Your Similarity Score?
Turnitin can check for plagiarism in submissions if your instructor has enabled the setting to generate Similarity reports on an assignment. It might accidentally detect plagiarism if your sources are not cited or your submission contains unintentional paraphrasing using similar words or sentence structures.
How To Check If Similarity Reports Are Enabled On Your Assignment?
- Head to Journey> Assignments and click on the relevant Turnitin assignment.
- Click on the drop-down arrow to the left of the title of the assignment.
- You will see the current policies under Additional Settings. Please note that instructors may choose to allow or restrict student access to Similarity reports.
Message Vs Meaning For Similarity Reports
You might also see the following messages depending on the assignment settings:
|Student access to Similarity reports has been disabled by your instructor.||You do not have access to Similarity reports.|
|Similarity reports are available after the due date has passed.||You will not have access until later.|
|Similarity reports are available immediately after submission.||
How To Check Your Similarity Score?
- After submitting your paper, you'll be able to see the similarity score in your Assignment Dashboard beside your grade.
- Click on your score to view similarity matches in Turnitin's Feedback Studio.