- Using an Item Bank
- Managing an Item Bank
Using an Item Bank
Adding items to a quiz
If you want to add a new item to your quiz, you can either create it from scratch or choose one of the previously created items from your item bank. For the first option, please refer to the article on quiz creation basics. To add an existing item from the Item Bank, follow the steps below:
- Head to the Quiz editing page and click on Add from item bank.
- Select the items you'd like to add to your Quiz.
- Confirm with Add Items.
- Leave the page by clicking on Return to quiz.
Removing items from a quiz
To remove an existing item from your quiz, simply select the checkbox to the left of the relevant item and confirm with Remove at the top. The item won't be deleted entirely, but only removed from your current quiz. It will still be available in your Item Bank.
Managing an Item Bank
Although it's not currently possible to delete items, if needed, you can archive obsolete items within the Item Bank. This way they'll be removed from the main view, and you'll be able to look them up in the Archived folder. Here's how to do it:
- Head to Journey > Assignments > Quiz Item Bank.
- Click on the item you would like to archive.
- Choose Settings (the gear icon in the top right) > Details.
- Change the status from Published to Archived.
- Scroll down and click on Apply to confirm. Finally, you can Save item in the top right corner and Return to item bank.
You can locate all your archived items in the Item bank at any time by clicking on the drop-down arrow next to the Find by title field, and then choosing the Archived Status. Then, to unarchive an item you'd need to follow the same steps as above, however this time in step 4 you'd need to change the Archived status into Published.
Importing Item Banks
Item Banks "live" within your module. This means that you can't use items from one space to create a quiz in a different space. However, you can import an entire Item Bank if needed. Here's how:
- Open the destination space and head to Journey > Assignments > Quiz item bank.
- Click on Import items > Import from another space.
- Choose the relevant source space and confirm with Import item bank.
- You'll need to be a member of both – the source and the destination space – to import an Item Bank.
- Additionally, it's not possible to select a group of items, and the whole Item bank will be imported.
You can also import items from external sources using an .xml file. Follow this link to read more.
Exporting Item Banks
It isn't currently possible to export items outside of Aula. That said, if you'd like to see it in Aula, please feel free to add your feedback to our Product Portal. This will help us with prioritising this functionality in the future!