It is possible to import certain quiz content that you have created in Moodle.
Supported Question Types
Aula Quizzes supports 55+ different types of quiz questions. However, not all question types from Moodle can be imported into Aula via this importing option. Only the following Moodle question types can be imported via the Moodle Importer:
- Cloze Numerical
- Multiple Choice
- Short Answer
- True / False
Any other question types are not supported and will result in a failed import.
Export from Moodle
To export your questions from Moodle, you will need to export them in an XML format.
Step-by-step instructions on how to export these from Moodle can be found in Moodle's support documentation here: https://docs.moodle.org/311/en/Export_questions
Importing into Aula
To find the Moodle Quiz Importer feature and import your quiz content, please follow these steps:
- Head to Journey > Assignments > Quiz Item Bank.
- Select Import from Moodle.
- Upload your Moodle XML file. (You can either drag the file into the upload box or click the box to navigate to the XML file.)
- Review the upload summary. You will see a report on which questions can be uploaded and any questions that could not be imported.
- (Optional) Check the Import as single item box if you'd like for all questions to be added as a single item – visible to students on one page. Click here for further explanation on questions vs. items.
- Click Import questions.
By default, each question will be imported independently as its own item. If you would like all questions to be imported together as a single item, check the Import as single item box before selecting Import questions.