At times you might want to download students' submissions to view them outside of the Aula platform. This article will guide you on how to do this on Handin.
Download Single Submission
- Head to Journey > Assignments and choose the relevant assignment from the list.
- On the next page, click on the submission of your choice.
- Once you're taken to Handin, hover over the submission block and click on the Download icon.
Or, you can expand the submission block by clicking on the Expand icon to see the preview and access additional Download and Print options.
Download All Handin Submissions
Handin allows you to download all students' submissions at once, either from within Aula or within Handin. All the files will be downloaded on your computer in a ZIP folder and you will need to unzip it in order to access the submissions.
- Head to Journey > Assignments
- Select the assignment in question
- Click the button Download submissions
There are 2 ways you can download submissions within Handin, either on the Assignments page or in an individual assignment:
Next Steps for Download
Once the download is complete (either from within Aula or Handin), you will receive an email with a Download button.
- Click on it to download the ZIP folder to your computer.
- When the ZIP folder is fully downloaded, you will need to unzip it.
- If you are a Windows user, right-click to select 'Extract All', and then follow the instructions.
- If you are a MAC user, just double-click on the zipped file to unzip it.
- When it is ready, you will have one folder per student including all the files submitted.
- You can download all submissions that, combined, are smaller than 5GB.
- Only the files attached to the submissions will be exported for download, not the information typed in the editor.
- The submissions can be downloaded even if the assignment is not closed.
- You can download anonymous or group assignments.