|Area of the platform||
number of files
|1 GB||No limits|
|1 GB||No limits|
|100 MB||1 file|
Aula and Handin
In Aula, you can upload attachments using our native text editor which can be found in numerous areas of the platform. The size limit for files uploaded directly to Aula or Handin is 1GB for each individual upload. There is no limit to the number of individual uploads you can make at one time. The total file size of all files uploaded can exceed 1GB but individual files must remain below this limit. For example:
- When submitting their assignment in Handin, a student could upload a PDF, a video, and an image as a single submission.
- When creating a post in the Community, you could upload 3 separate videos to a single post.
Turnitin has a much smaller file size limit – it's 100MB and it's not possible to upload multiple files for a single submission. These limits are set by Turnitin and are outside of Aula's control. You can read more in Turnitin's Help Centre.
Working around the 1 GB upload limit
1. Depending on the file format and your specific use-case, you may be able to divide large files into smaller ones and upload them separately.
2. Alternatively, you may want to use Cloud Storage.
If you choose to host your large files somewhere else, you can then add the link to Aula rather than uploading the entire file. In most cases, Aula will automatically embed links for easy, seamless viewing of content.
The additional advantage of using external cloud storage is that you can control who is able to view and access the content with invites, passwords, and other restrictions as required.
Some of the possible options include:
- Microsoft OneDrive
- Google Drive
- Apple iCloud Drive
- Your university's own media storage solution
- Microsoft Stream
- Zoom (recording links are automatically sent to the host's email with an access password)