Educators can easily share reading lists using the Talis Reading List integration.
Share a Reading List
- Click on the + icon within the editor, and select Talis Reading List from the dropdown:
- If this is your first time using it, you'll be asked to authenticate with your university SSO account:
- Once authenticated, you will be redirected to this screen:
- You can now search for an existing list, save, and post the list directly into Aula:
- Once saved, you have the option to change the list:
- Consider tagging the post with #readinglist or something similar, so students can easily find later
- There are limits to using Talis Reading List for free. Check with your institution whether they have a licence.
Need help? Talis Reading List is a third-party tool (meaning it doesn’t belong to Aula). Get in touch with Aula if you’re having issues adding the Talis Reading List link to your space. Otherwise, get in touch with Talis Reading List’s support team here or your institution’s IT team.
Known Issue with Talis Blocks
If you have moved materials from one Aula space to another, it is possible you will see a "failed to load" error message on your Talis reading lists in your materials. This is happening because each Talis block contains a URL that is unique to a module. This is something that is on our Engineering team's radar to avoid this issue in the future.
If this is something you do encounter, you will need to delete the Talis block containing this error message and recreate it in the module where you have imported your materials. Please see the recording below for help with these steps: