The Community in your Aula space operates as the central hub where you can engage with both students and educators of your module in discussions and conversations to create a truly engaging and connected learning experience.
In practice, educators often use the community to post updates related to teaching materials and assignments, as well as encourage discussions and collaboration. Students also use the community feed to post questions for the educators or the wider class, ask other students for feedback on their work, or share useful resources.
- Create a Post
- Add a Reaction
- Comment on a Post
- Respond to Comments
- Edit or Delete Posts and Comments
Create a Post
- Click in the Editor at the top of the Community Feed and start typing. You can also include URLs from other platforms which will unfurl in your post.
- Click on the + icon to add files, assignment blocks, latex, or code.
- Once your post is ready, click on Post, or on Schedule if you'd like to send your post to show up at a later date or time.
Add a Reaction
To react to a post or comment, simply click on the Reaction icon at the bottom of the post/comment and select your desired emoji. You can add several reactions and remove them at any time.
If someone else has already left a reaction on a post, you can also click this reaction if you'd like to react with the same emoji!
Comment on a Post
- Click on Write a comment at the bottom of a post.
- Start typing in the field.
- Once you're done drafting your message, click Comment.
Respond to Comments
- Select The Arrow icon to the top left of a comment.
- Type your response.
- Confirm with Comment.
Edit or Delete Posts and Comments
- Click on the 3 Dot icon to the top right of a post or comment
- In the drop down menu that appears, select Edit or Delete
- Educators can delete all comments and posts. However, students can only delete their own.
- Posts can only be edited from a desktop. It is not currently possible to edit a post from the Aula mobile app.