Some of the features mentioned in this article might not be available on your institution’s Aula account. To find out more, please contact your University directly or get in touch with our Product Support team.
The Student Success App is Aula's equivalent of a grade book, displaying grades for all students in a space. If enabled on your institutions Aula account, you may be able to use it to export grades directly to your institution's Student Record System through the module's official assessment components (called Assessment items in Aula).
The Student Success App can also be accessed by students and provides them with an easy overview of their assignments, submissions, and grades.
- Navigating to the Student Success App
- Overview of the Student Success App
Navigating to the Student Success App
- Make sure you have some assignments set up in your Aula module.
- Head to Journey > Assignments.
- Click on Student Success App on the right-hand side.
Overview of the Student Success App
The Student Success App is split into two main sections where all grades are collected either by assignments or students.
Wherever you are in the Student Success App, you can always switch spaces by clicking on the title of the space at the top and selecting another space from the drop-down menu.
Choose the Assignments tab in the sidebar to your left.
- If enabled on your institution's Aula account, you will see an Assessment items section at the top. Here you'll be able to see the official assessment components required for the module by your institution.
- By default, all Educators can see the Assignments section. Here, you'll be able to view all assignments created using Handin, Turnitin, or Quizzes. This is also where you can check their grade types and whether or not the grades were already released to students.
This video explains the difference between assessment items and assignments:
Click on an individual assignment to open it.
Here, you'll be able to see the assignment type (Handin, Turnitin, Quiz), grade type, and the grades release status. Below you will find the list of students, the status of their submissions, and relevant grades as they become available.
If you click on a name of a student, you will be taken to the individual Student view for that specific account.
Choose the Students tab in the sidebar to your left. Here you will see a full list of students in a selected module. Click on the name of the module at the top to switch to a different one.
Click on the name of an individual student to open a detailed view of their account. Here, you'll be able to see all grades of the student, including:
- Assessment items (in the upper section, if enabled on your university's Aula account),
- individual Assignments (in the bottom section).
Click on the arrow to the right of the assignment to view the student's submission.