Aula /'aʊlə/ means “the place where people come together”—and that’s exactly what Aula is about: we make it easy for you to create and deliver hybrid learning experiences that keep your students engaged and build their sense of belonging and community.
This page is designed to give you foundational information about Aula in less than 14 minutes.
Let's get started!
The what and why of Aula
In this 6-minute video, our former VP Learning, Dr Philippa Hardman, welcomes you to Aula and talks about how the platform supports student engagement and achievement:
Aula combines the power of easy-to-use technology with evidence-based learning design expertise and support so you can:
- Increase student engagement and achievement
- Build a sense of belonging & community with and among your students
- Reduce your administrative load and focus on the things that matter most.
Recommended reading: Philippa's deep-dive into high-engagement practices.
High Engagement Practices in Aula
Aula facilitates 4 high-engagement practices that are proven to positively impact student outcomes (grades, satisfaction scores, and retention).
- Active Learning: activities that require students to be active participants in the learning experience.
- Feedback: supports recall, correct misunderstanding, and motivates learners.
- Teacher Presence: interactions that make students feel seen, known, heard and connected to you, their teacher.
- Collaborative Learning: opportunities for whole class or smaller group work to increase engagement and build connection and community.
Join Rocky, a Learning Design Coach, who walks you through 4 High Engagement Practices (HEP) in Aula.