Engagement Insights empower educators to view the engagement of students within a module in order to make informed decisions when delivering a module.
Engagement Insights is currently in beta which means this is not the final version. We are currently in our first iteration of Engagement Insights and the information below covers what is currently available.
Accessing Engagement insights
- Navigate to your space
- Click on Journey
- Select Engagement
What is currently visible in Engagement Insights?
In this current beta version of Engagement Insights, it is possible to view:
- Active Students - Last 7 days
- Percentage of students that accessed the space in the time period specified.
- Average Days Active - Last 7 days
- Sum of total days active in the space per student, divided by the number of students in the space.
- Active Students
- Percentage of students that accessed the space in the given week.
- Comments, Posts & Reactions
- Total comment, posts and reactions by students within the space during the given week.
- Student Activity Metrics for Space
- Activity metrics for each student in the space.
Note: You can find definitions of how numbers are calculated by hovering over the information icon in each segment of the Engagement Insights panel.
This information can help you as an Educator to review:
- If your students are viewing and using the module space so that you can adjust them to improve participation and learning.
- Which posts are receiving the most interaction from students to identify what works and optimise future posts for engagement.
- If you are increasing student engagement after going through the Learning Design process and teaching in entirely new ways to feel more confident.
- Engagement reports are only available for educators or any approved members with View only staff access.
- The numbers may appear low if in the middle of a current week and the week is not yet complete
- If engagement insights (beta) are not present, please refresh your page
- Please see our Portal page for more on this and to share any feedback you might have. If you're running into any issues with this beta, contact our Product Support team who will be able to help you out!
- Please note - Prior to 10/02/21, the metrics "Percent of Active Students" wasn't reflective of a space. This was previously reflective of activity across Aula as a whole. We meant for this metric to truly be a picture of space activity, so this has been updated. "Percent of Active Students" now shows this data specific to the space you are looking at.