Some of the features mentioned in this article might not be available on your institution’s Aula account. To find out more, please contact your university directly or get in touch with our Product Support team.
If enabled on your institution's Aula account, the Student Success App may allow you to map assignments to assessment items, and send final grades back to your Student Record System.
- Assessment items (also assessment components) are the official, summative assessments required for the module by your institution. They can consist of one or more assignments.
- Assignments are individual assignments that students submit their work to, created within Aula using Handin, Turnitin, or Quizzes.
Mapping assignments to assessment items
- In your module, head to Journey > Assignments > Student Success App.
- Click on the assessment item of your choice.
- Click on Select an assignment drop-down and choose an assignment that you'd like to map to this assessment item.
- Note: If you are mapping one assignment to one assessment item, you can select an assignment with any grade type.
- Click on Add an assignment if you'd like to map numerous assignments to the same assessment item. Choose weights for each assignment, and make sure they add up to 100%.
- Note: To map more than one assignment to an assessment item, all assignments must use the percentage grade type.
- Assignments with an invalid grade type will be visible but not selectable.
- The final grade is calculated based on the weightings you enter during the mapping process.
- Confirm with Save.
- When you're ready, you can export grades to the Student Record System.
- We recommend that you set up this mapping at the beginning of term because this makes it clear to students which assignments count towards their final grade for the course, and which are formative only. It should take approximately 5 minutes.
- To be able to map numerous assignments to the same assessment item, the grade type will have to be percentages. All Turnitin assignments are by default set to percentage grades, and you'll have to specifically select percentages when creating an assignment in Handin or Quizzes.
- Assessment items come through to Aula directly from your institution via the import API. Not all institutions have this set up currently.