You are able to organise the marking of assignment submissions between multiple Educators.
To filter submissions for markers, using the Groups feature, follow the steps outlined below.
Create a New Group Set
As a first step, you'll need to create a new group set for marking which will divide the students between each of the module team members who are assessing submissions.
- In your module, click on the People tab (to the right of Journey).
- Select the Groups tab.
- Click on the New set of groups button in the top right.
- Enter the name of the group (Eg. name of the assignment you want to mark) and select Hide set to ensure students don't see they're assigned to a marking group.
- Confirm with Save.
Add Students to a Group Set
The next step is to add students to your new group sets. This can be achieved in three ways (follow this link for detailed instructions on each option):
- Creating groups manually
- Auto-generating groups
- Creating groups using a CSV file
After creating your groups, you may want to click on the pencil icon next to each group within the group set to give them the name of the relevant Educator.
Access Your Allocated Group
Once the groups are all set up, here's how you can find your allocated group and start grading:
- Head to Journey > Assignments.
- Select the assignment you want to mark, to open the submissions page.
- Click on the Filter by group dropdown menu at the top of the list.
- Select your allocated group from the list to filter submissions.
- You will only see the assignments for students within your group. Click on a submission to open and grade it.
Allocation of markers is not available natively in Turnitin. You can use Aula's feature to allocate markers for all types of assignments, including Handin, Turnitin, and Quizzes.