In Aula, your module may include assignments created in Handin, Turnitin and Quiz.
Handin is Aula's native assignment tool. In this article, we will cover all aspects of submitting assignments using Handin.
- Submitting an assignment
- Making sure your submission was successful
- Checking resubmit policies
- Submitting after the deadline
Submitting an assignment
- Click on Journey > Assignments.
- In this tab, you will see all assignments on your module ordered by their due date. Icons to the left of each assignment will help you determine if an assignment is set up in Turnitin or Handin.
- Click on a Handin assignment to upload your paper.
- A new Handin window will open. There, click on Submit work in the top right corner.
- A pop-up window will appear, with our native editor. Here, you can either type in your assignment directly within the editor, or add attachments using the plus button to the left.
- Once you're ready, confirm with Submit.
Note on uploads
- You can upload multiple files and multiple file types. Head here to read more.
- The file size limit per file is 1GB, but you can upload multiple 1GB files to your assignment before saving.
- You can compress the file using Zip software prior to submitting it.
- You can submit a link to an external drive, where local file size limitations will apply. You will be prompted to add a file from Dropbox or Google Drive, but you can submit a link to any external drive such as MS OneDrive.
Making sure your submission was successful
- Head to Journey > Assignments, and locate the relevant Handin assignment. It will now have a "Submitted" label on it.
- Click on the assignment to go to the Handin page where you'll be able to see:
- your submission,
- date and time of upload,
- grade and feedback (if released),
- Edit Submission button (if enabled),
- a conversation with the Educator at the very bottom of the page.
Checking resubmit policies
In Handin, you can resubmit your assignment as often as you like before the deadline. To do it:
- Click on a relevant Handin assignment in Journey > Assignments.
- After a Handin window loads, click on Edit submission in the top right corner.
- You can choose to delete what you submitted previously and replace it, or you can simply add to the original content.
- Once you're happy with your changes, confirm with Submit.
Submitting after the deadline
If a Handin assignment has a Past due date label, You can still submit your assignment as many times as you want even though the deadline has passed.
Upon submission, your assignment will be marked with a Submitted label. Please note that if you've submitted your assignment before the due date and go back to make small changes (such as editing the title after the due date has passed), your submission will be marked as late submission in the Educator's view.
Once the Educator closes the assignment manually, the assignment will have a Closed label and you will no longer be able to submit your assignment to it.