On occasion, your students might need to resubmit their previously uploaded work. In Handin, this is by default possible for as long as an assignment is open. In Turnitin, you'll either need to enable a specific setting for the whole group, or resubmit manually on behalf of an individual student.
Allowing students to resubmit their assignment
With Turnitin, it is possible to allow students to resubmit their assignment submissions. When creating an assignment, you can enable the option to allow for resubmission with these steps:
- In Journey > Assignments, create your Turnitin Assignment.
- In the Turnitin popup, open Optional Settings.
- Under Similarity reports, click on the Generate Similarity Reports for student submission dropdown.
- Here, select one of the following options:
- Generate reports immediately (students can resubmit until due date) After 3 resubmissions, reports generate after 24 hours
- Generate reports on due date (students can resubmit until due date)
Selecting either of these options will allow students to resubmit. The only difference is whether students will be able to see their similarity report as soon as they've submitted, or whether they will have to wait until the assignment closes.
If you do not wish to enable the resubmission option for everyone, but a student has uploaded an incorrect file or needs to resubmit for any reason, you can delete their submission. As long as the assignment is still open, this will allow them to upload a new file.
Resubmitting on behalf of a student
It is also possible for educators to resubmit on behalf of a student. To do this:
- Ensure the resubmit option is enabled as per the steps listed above.
- Open the assignment in Turnitin.
- Locate the student submission.*
- From the Assignment Inbox, select Options.
- From the sub-menu, select Upload.
- Click Confirm if you understand that all marks and comments associated with the submission will be deleted if you opt to resubmit the paper. Alternatively, click Cancel.
See more in Turnitin's Help Centre article: Resubmitting on Behalf of a Student
* For anonymous assignments
In case if student submissions have been anonymised, this step will require a bit of manual checking. There are two ways to do this:
- You'll either need to match the paper's title (provided the student hasn't changed it), or
- You'll need to go through the assignments in Feedback Studio and match the content manually to the assignments that have been submitted.
You'll then need to note down the PaperID for each assignment, and then you'll be able to resubmit them in the Turnitin interface in Aula.