There are currently 4 assignment-related tools available within Aula:
- Handin – Aula’s own assignment tool.
- Turnitin – a third party assignment tool which Aula integrates with.
- Quizzes – Aula's native quiz tool.
- Student Success App – Aula's equivalent of a grade-book.
To get a better idea of the differences between Turnitin and Handin, take a look through this article.
The assignments page is where assignments are accessed, created and edited. You can find it by heading to Journey > Assignments in your module.
- Regardless of the tool used to create an assignment, it will always appear in the assignments list.
- Educators can view all assignments in the list, while students will only see assignments that have specifically been made visible to them by educators.
Take a look through the articles below which detail steps for creating assignments using each tool. Feel free to follow the instructions and create test assignments in your module as you go. All assignments by default have a Hide assignment option toggled on, so you can freely experiment without worrying about accidentally sharing them with your students.
In Aula, you can either hide assignments from students until you're ready to release them, or you can make them visible right away. This way, your students will only be able to see the assignment's title and key dates on their Assignments List. However, they won't be able to access the assignment and upload their submission to it until the assignment becomes open, according to the "Open date" that you configure.
An Assignment Block (i.e. a link to the assignment) can be added to any relevant location in Materials or to a feed post in the Community. Click here to learn more.