- Assignment Related Tools
- Access the Assignments Page
- Create Assignments
- Schedule Assignments
- Assignment Blocks
There are currently 4 assignment-related tools available within Aula:
- Handin – Aula’s own assignment tool.
- Turnitin – a third party assignment tool which Aula integrates with.
- Quizzes – Aula's native quiz tool.
- Student Success App – Aula's equivalent of a grade-book.
To learn about the differences between Handin and Turnitin, take a look at this article.
Access the Assignments Page
The assignments page is where assignments are accessed, created and edited. You can find it by heading to Journey > Assignments in your module.
- Regardless of the tool used to create an assignment, it will always appear in the assignments list.
- Educators can view all assignments in the list, while students will only see assignments that have specifically been made visible to them by educators.
Take a look through the articles below which detail steps for creating assignments using each tool.
All assignments by default have a Hide assignment option toggled on, so you can freely experiment without worrying about accidentally sharing them with your students.
You can either schedule the release of your assignments or make them visible to students right away. Students will only be able to access the assignment once the assignment becomes open, according to the “Open date” you’ve set”, and once you’ve made the assignment visible.
Also, an Open assignment is not necessarily a visible one to the students. When an assignment is hidden, it doesn't unhide automatically on the day it was scheduled to open. It will open for submissions on the scheduled date, but you will have to unhide it manually.
An Assignment Block (i.e. a link to the assignment) can be added to any relevant location in Materials or to a feed post in the Community. Click here to learn more.