If you'd like to create or edit an anonymous Turnitin assignment, you can easily do so directly within the Aula platform.
Creating an anonymous assignment
To create an anonymous Turnitin assignment:
- Click on the New assignment button in the Assignments tab,
- Choose Turnitin,
- Make sure to toggle on the Anonymise student submissions option at the bottom of the New assignment dialog.
Editing anonymity settings
If you'd like to make changes to the anonymity of an existing Turnitin assignment, you can do it directly from the Aula platform rather than from Turnitin's interface. Here's how:
- Locate your assignment in the Assignments tab,
- Click on the three dots icon in the top right corner of that assignment,
- Choose Edit,
- Adjust the Anonymise student submissions toggle at the bottom of the Edit assignment dialog.
- It's not possible to change the setting from anonymous to non-anymous if there has already been at least one submission to an assignment.
- The “Allow anonymous marking” setting will still be visible under the 'Optional Settings' section in Turnitin but will be greyed out and deactivated.
Revealing student's identity
On occasion you might need to reveal a student's identity. The option to de-anonymise the whole assignment in Aula will be locked as soon as there is at least one submission. However, you can reveal an individual student's identity directly from Turnitin's interface. For that, you will have to provide a reason which will then be available to your Turnitin account's admins. You can find out more in this support guide.