Assignment extensions can be facilitated within Aula, follow the steps below to find out how.
Change the Due Date in Aula
- Under the Journey tab, click on the Assignments button and then click on the ... (3 dots) for the assignment and then select Edit:
- The Edit Assignment window then appears. From there, you can change the Due Date setting and click on Save.
- Students will now be able to submit their assignments up until the new Due Date.
How will students see that the Due Date is extended?
- When you return to Journey > Assignments, you will now see that for assignments using Handin, it will again be marked as Open if it had formerly been Closed as illustrated below.
The assignment will still be shown as Closed due to an issue(being addressed with Turnitin) even though the Due Date has been extended.
- As a workaround, to ensure students are aware of the extension, update the assignment name by clicking on the ... (3 dots) for the assignment, and then select Save
- This notice will then show beside the new extended Due Date