This article outlines steps to change a due date for an existing assignment. If you'd like to create an extension of an assignment for a select group of students, see Creating Assignment Extensions where you can learn about our native Extensions feature.
Whether an assignment is already closed or is still open, you can always edit its due date. Here's how:
- Open Aula and head to Journey > Assignments.
- Click on the three dots icon in the top right of the assignment of your choice, then tap on Edit.
- Click on Due date to launch the date picker.
- Make your selection and confirm with Ok, then click on Save.
- For Turnitin assignments, the Due date will have to precede the Grade release date. Once you confirm your changes, you should be taken to Turnitin's Assignment Inbox. This will indicate that your changes were successful.
After returning to the Assignments page, you will notice a new Due date at the bottom of your assignment. If your assignment has been previously manually closed, you might need to manually reopen it from the three dot menu.