All quiz Items created or imported from an external source are stored in your Item Bank. This means you can reuse them in the future to easily create new quizzes. Here we'll show you how to archive and unarchive items, and how to import and export Item Banks.
You can archive obsolete items within the Item Bank. This way they'll be removed from the main view and you'll be able to look them up in the Archived folder.
- Head to Journey > Assignments > Quiz Item Bank.
- Click on the item you would like to archive.
- Settings (the gear icon in the top right) > Details.
- Change the status from Published to Archived.
- Scroll down and click on Apply to confirm. Finally, you can Save item in the top right corner and Return to item bank.
You can locate all your archived items in the Item bank at any time by clicking on the drop-down arrow next to the Find by title field and then choosing the Archived Status. To unarchive an item, you'd need to follow the same steps as above. However this time, in step 4 you'd need to change the Archived status into Published.
Import Item Banks
Item Banks "live" within your space. This means that you can't use items from one space to create a quiz in a different space. However, you can import an entire Item Bank if needed. Here's how:
- Open the destination space and head to Journey > Assignments > Quiz item bank.
- Click on Import items > Import from another space.
- Choose the relevant source space and confirm with Import item bank.
- You'll need to be a member of both – the source and the destination space – to import an Item Bank.
- The source space will have to be Live to allow importing/ exporting. If the source space is Archived, it will have to be temporarily unarchived to do the process.
- Additionally, it's not possible to select a group of items, and the whole Item bank will be imported.
- You will be unable to import an item that has more than 700 questions.
You can also import items from external sources using an .xml file. Follow this link to read more.
Export Item Banks
It isn't currently possible to export items outside of Aula; we haven't made this available yet. If this is something you'd like to see, please add your feedback to our Product Portal.